axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Amila Suriarachchi" <amilasuriarach...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [AXIS2] Adding security phase to OutFaultFlow
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2007 07:15:00 GMT
On Dec 18, 2007 11:49 AM, Glen Daniels <glen@thoughtcraft.com> wrote:

> Hi Amila:
>
> Amila Suriarachchi wrote:
> >     So it seems like you could get the same effect for now by explaining
> in
> >     the Rampart documentation how to change the axis2.xml in the correct
> way
> >     - or even including a sample.
> >
> >     Make sense?  (note I'm not saying -1, just trying to understand)
> >
> > yes I got your point.  But rampart  trunk depends on the Axis2-SNAPSHOT
> > and they need to change the
> > axis2 default xml in order to pass the test cases.
> > When we do a change locally we need to commit it to the repository soon.
> > These test cases can not be committed util we change the axis2 default
> xml.
>
> Hm - really?  Why can't Rampart simply use a custom axis2.xml with the
> new Phase at the root of their test repository?

Then they have to update their axis2.xml when ever Axis2 does. But at least
that is how(using axis2 kernal default xml) they have done it. Idea of
keeping a axis2-SNAPSHOT dependency is to keep the rampart trunk
sync with axis2 trunk.
But I can not understand why you ask rampart people to do a big change while
they could it with a simple
axis2 change. There is no harm to axis2 with this change isn't it?

thanks,
Amila.