axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Amila Suriarachchi" <amilasuriarach...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Improvement to mail transport from a Synapse use case
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2007 05:42:06 GMT
On Dec 5, 2007 2:54 PM, Saminda Abeyruwan <samindaa@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> There is a on going mail thread [1] in Synapse dev list on improvements to
> Mail transport. According to the thread, they would look for
>
> (1). Changing the subject
> (2). Allow CC and BCC
>
> (1). Is an trivial case, where a parameter or property could change the
> subject.
>
> (2). Allowing CC or BCC is complex, as it is tightly coupled with the MEP.
>
>      -  Simple solution would be to introduce a parameter or property to
> include CC or BCC list and simply exclude them from the MEP semantics. Thus,
> it would be same as broadcasting to a set of users.
>      - If MEP is introduced to CC or BCC, we could expect some complex
> message exchange patterns. Would it be feasible or scalable to integrate CC
> or BCC to a MEP.

hi saminda,

I think we have to  clarify the requirement bit more.
The first question is are CC, and BCC adresses web service endpoints?  or
are they normal mail endpoint s which does not send any replay.

if it is the latter case, I think the question you have mentioned(MEP
handling problem) is not going to happen.
since they don't send any replay and only replay we expect from the To EPR
address.

But if it is the former case as I guess we have to handle it at the service
client level. i.e we have to send seperate mail requests for each and every
CC and BCC address.
Just think about the senario where this service use the Addressing. In this
case Addressing handler have to set the "To" header correctly to send it to
the CC and BCC addresses as well.
Further in any case this service can only be an inonly service. otherwise
every recipient will send responses and there is no logic to merge them.

Thanks,
Amila.

--
Amila Suriarachchi,