axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <g...@thoughtcraft.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Dynamic Phase support
Date Wed, 26 Dec 2007 16:33:28 GMT
Deepal Jayasinghe wrote:
> I just implemented and commit the initial implementation of the
> dynamic phase support

:(

I mentioned that I was working on this, didn't I? [1]  It's always
unfortunate when there's duplicated work.  If I'd known you were
planning to work on it, one of us could have saved some time or we could
have worked together to spec it out.

I'll review your implementation, Deepal, but I think I want a little
more functionality.  For instance, there may be multiple before/after
phases - if my phase needs to be before phase2 AND before phase3, I want
to be able to specify something like:

<phase name="MyNewPhase" before="phase2,phase3" flow="in,out"/>

Also, my implementation so far handles resolving constraints even after
a module has been deployed, so if one module has the above phase
declaration and there isn't a "phase2" yet, when the next module gets
deployed and defines "phase2", it will try to put it after "MyNewPhase"
(if it can't that's an error of course).  This means that some orderings
for module deployment might not work, but we can grow the (currently
very simple) logic into a more complex total-ordering system if we need to.

I'll get my stuff checked in ASAP, but if you're planning to do more
work in this area, please let me know beforehand?

Thanks,
--Glen

[1]
http://www.nabble.com/Re%3A--AXIS2--Adding-security-phase-to-OutFaultFlow-p14420050.html