axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Dustin Amrhein <damr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Axis2 architecture documentation
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2007 03:08:35 GMT
You are correct in saying that REST web services are a departure from the SOAP-centric web
services that the Apache Axis architecture is built to support. What exactly do you mean by
lower-level APIs in place of SOAP though? Do you mean to say that since REST request data
is sent in pure XML that we can use well-known existing XML technologies like STAX, SAX, and
DOM? Or, are you referring to something else?

Thanks,
Dustin Amrhein
Web Services Development, IBM

Wesley Mesquita <wesleymesquita@gmail.com> wrote: So, as I understood, REST goes in
a different way from that we are dealing with WS today  in the sense that we wouldn´t deppend
of technologies like SOAP, and explore Java lower level APIs, is this right?