axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Lawrence Mandel <lman...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Re: axis 1.4 and Basic Profile
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2007 03:53:13 GMT
Hi Kumar,

By basic profile I'm assuming you mean the WS-I basic profile. I don't
think you can label a runtime as WS-I compliant as there are many things
that you can do with Web services that are not recommended by the WS-I -
that's why there is a WS-I - such as rpc encoded services and importing
schemas in a WSDL document with the wsdl:import element. The real question
when it comes to WS-I compliance is "is service X WS-I compliant"? If the
service description and implementation follows the WS-I recommendations
than it is compliant. Note that even if service X is compliant, service Y,
which is deployed to the same runtime (Axis or otherwise), can be
non-compliant.

Lawrence

"Iyengar, Kumar" <kumar_iyengar@bmc.com>
11/15/2007 08:45 PM
Please respond to
axis-dev@ws.apache.org

<axis-dev@ws.apache.org>
cc

Subject
axis 1.4 and Basic Profile

Hi all,

Does anyone know if Axis1.4 is Basic Profile 1.1 compliant?

Thanks,

--kumar