axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "David Illsley" <davidills...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Role support for Axis2 handlers
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2007 14:44:16 GMT
I'm sympathetic to the argument of getting into the habit of doing the
right thing, but what you're suggesting means we'll repeatedly do role
processing for all headers in every handler which doesn't seem
optimal.

So... we could* add a useRolePlayer(RolePlayer rp) to the SOAPHeader
which would cause all the existing methods to use a once-computed
subset of the headers until useRolePlayer() is called again (possibly
with null). Axis2 would set it by default before the handler chain.
The only problem I forsee with that I don't know how it would work
with ws-sec (where presumably the role could be encrypted to begin
with?)

Thoughts?

David

* I'm not actually sure if I'm advocating this