axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <samisa.abeysin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Prioritized list of 1.4 things to do
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2007 14:34:20 GMT
Glen Daniels wrote:
> Hi folks:
>
> Deepal and I just did a quick prioritization pass on the list at [1].
> Please take a look and see if it matches your view of the world.  We
> tried to be pretty simple about it, marking things on a three-level
> scale where 1 = critical, 2 = important, and 3 = nice to have.
>
> Couple of quick things to note - 1) we didn't consider how easy/hard
> these things are; so some of the 3's are going to be 5-minute quick
> fixes which can get done any time.  2) some of the priorities are
> about making sure we finish discussion/design on things - so even if
> it's a (1) that doesn't necessarily mean we'll change any code, just
> that we MUST have the conversation soon.

What is the difference between
" (1) Review and improve build targets (docs, tests, dists)" vs.  " (2)
Build cleanup". I thought they were the same or at least could have done
in parallel.

Also, I thought documents should be (1) as well. Even though documents
have improved a great deal over time, the flow of the documentation
could be improved a great deal IMHO. And it is always good to do it
sooner than later.

Thanks,
Samisa...