axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Rajith Attapattu" <rajit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Getting axis2 transport out from the kernel
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2007 17:07:18 GMT
Tom has a point. TCP and SMTP seems to be used very rarely. Perhapse < 1%.
JMS seems to be more popular.

But I still think we should to put transports in a separate module.
When we make the axis2 standard distribution can we not just simply make two
jars out of the transport module?
One jar containing the http transport (which can be included in the axis2
standard bin)
And another jar containing the rest of the transports.
Is this possible with maven?

This way we can allow people to download the additional transports only if
they want to.
Synapse folks are happy bcos they can easily import only the axis2 kernal
and bundle their own HTTP transport.

Does this sound reasonable?

Regards,

Rajith Attapattu