axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Ajith Ranabahu" <ajith.ranab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Getting axis2 transport out from the kernel
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2007 03:35:00 GMT

> What will be shipped with Axis2 release? All of them or none?
> If it is none,
>         do you expect people to download Axis2 release AND another transport
> that he/she wants to use?
> else will we release the transport we have now?
>         if yes, then Synapse will again have the same problem.

Well not really - If we separate the transports (making it into a
seperate jar) Synapse can always ship their transport jar instead of
the standard Axis2 one.
Axis2 distro can contain the full transport jar (or jars) if needed.
We *might* want to rethink the strategy if we are to create separate
jars for each transport - simply to create less confusion.

> What will be inside default axis2.xml?

The usual entries. Only difference will be that the referenced classes
will be in a separate jar file.

> Well the best thing, IMO, is to ship the current http transport with the
> release, by default and let users download others if they want to use.
> The intuition is that most of the time the transport will be http and
> will make the life easier for about 90% of the users.

Hmm.. again something that we would need to rethink. Recently I've
been dragged into a war on 'out of the box' functionality in  infoq
(http://www.infoq.com/articles/os-ws-stacks-background) and this is
one point that may come under it. I would say just ship everything we
have right now (having it in a separate jar is a different issue)

> Also I'd like to evaluate the impact of this on the HTTP binding
> implementation that we have now. I think that also will go out of Kernel.
>
> )
> Just my 2 cents.

Yep - mine too :))

--
Ajith Ranabahu

Reading, after a certain age, diverts the mind too much from its
creative pursuits. Any man who reads too much and uses his own brain
too little falls into lazy habits of thinking - Albert Einstein