axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew Das" <andrewa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Axis2 and WebSphere Interoperability
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2007 15:17:41 GMT
The samples will not have any WebSphere specifics, so that should not be of
concern. The primary goal is to demonstrate interoperability with WebSphere,
using Axis2 API's and tools. My responses to Nick's comments [1] and [2] are
below.

1. Making the samples generic and vendor neutral would be above and beyond
IBM's immediate goal. However, if most of the work can be done using Axis2
code generation and packaging tools then it should not be of major concern.
I agree keeping the samples flexible will be of more value to the
community. Also, an independent, off-line, command-line driven test module
would provide further flexibility and autonomy. Therefore, I do not foresee
any problems with Nick's or David's suggestions. Does anyone else have any
objections or comments?

2. Again, I agree with Nick. As this item is a bit trickier from a code
management perspective, it seems a lot simpler to have a single interop
module within Axis2, rather than seperately manage and maintain the
samples for each Apache QoS project. If the Apache parties can confirm a
vested interest in this approach, then creating a single interop module
within Axis2 would be the ideal way to go.