axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "keith chapman" <keithgchap...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [AXIS2] Proposal to implement http content negotiation
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2007 12:37:33 GMT
On 10/18/07, Glen Daniels <glen@thoughtcraft.com> wrote:

> Hi folks:
>
> +1 from me *if* we make sure there's a flag to allow people to control
> whether a given operation supports POX or not.  Essentially I'm just
> saying we should backport the SOAP-Response MEP to SOAP 1.1, and allow
> the user to specify.  By default the behavior should be as in Keith's
> proposal, but if they indicate that a particular operation is using the
> SOAP-Response MEP (this could also be a disablePOX flag or whatever),

How about using the disable REST flag for this without introducing another
flag.

it
> should always return SOAP on a GET.
>
> Also...
>
> >> a SOAP 1.1 response uaing http content negotiation (A SOAP 1.1
> >> response will be went only when the request is SOAP 1.1 and there is
> >> no matching value in the Accept header).
>
> If the request is SOAP 1.1, we should always return SOAP 1.1 regardless
> of the Accept header, right?

In this case the return will be  the return will be SOAP 1.1 only is there
was no matching ACCEPT header. Id a SOAP 1.1. request came with the header
ACCEPT : text/xml then the response will be pox.

Thanks,
Keith.

--Glen