axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Lawrence Mandel <lman...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Can Axiom use Geronimo StAX API jar instead of Codehaus
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2007 20:32:09 GMT
Excellent! David, thanks for the extremely quick turnaround.

John - We should update Woden to use an Axiom nightly build until the next
Axiom release so that we can pick up and test this change as we move
forward. I've updated the Woden status file to reflect this change in
dependencies.

Axis2 devs - Although tested it's possible this change may break an
assumption you're making. Thought you should all be informed.

Lawrence

"David Illsley" <davidillsley@gmail.com>
10/02/2007 03:20 PM
Please respond to
commons-dev@ws.apache.org

commons-dev@ws.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: Can Axiom use Geronimo StAX API jar instead of Codehaus

Done. r581354

On 02/10/2007, David Illsley <davidillsley@gmail.com> wrote:
> John,
> A jar with known provenance seems like a good idea. I'm giving Axiom
> and Axis2 tests a go with the geronimo stax jar now. If they pass I'll
> commit the changes this evening.
> David
>
> On 02/10/2007, John Kaputin (gmail) <jakaputin@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I have successfully compiled and tested Woden's OM implementation
using the
> > StAX api jar from Apache Geronimo.  I'd like to know if Axiom could
use this
> > jar file instead of the Codehaus stax-api-1.0.1.jar file. This would
resolve
> > one remaining issue we have on the Woden incubator status file [1]
about
> > verifying licenses for software included in the distribution. This
change
> > would require a more thorough test of Axiom than my Woden-specific
test.

> > The remaining issue we have concerns the license file specified for
the
> > Codehaus stax-api-1.0.1.jar file in the Axiom distribution.  Axiom
specifies
> > the Apache 2.0 license, but we have not yet been able to determine
with
> > certainty how the Axiom project came to use ASL 2.0 for this jar file.
 ASL