axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "David Illsley" <davidills...@gmail.com>
Subject [Axis2][Proposal] Add getLocalProperty() to AbstractContext
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2007 10:44:39 GMT
Hi all,
I'd like to propose adding a getLocalProperty() method to
AbstractContext to improve the efficiency of sets of handlers. It
would return only a property held at that level in the Context
hierarchy. There are a number of situations where handlers are
communicating with each other where it doesn't make sense to search up
the hierarchy. This is something I've become aware of writing a number
of handlers, with some code which does benefit from searching the
hierarchy, and some of which doesn't. In my experience it's pretty
easy to identify each case.
Thoughts?
David