axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Dustin Amrhein <damr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [AXIS2] Leverage axis2-metadata to handle JSR181/JAXWS annoations and Java2WSDL mapping?
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2007 18:44:53 GMT
Raymond,
As for the DescriptionFactory.createServiceDescription(Class), you are right that it assumes
you are supplying the implementation class, but it will also take into account an SEI class
if the implementation class specifies one via annotations. The resulting description hierarchy
should have information that reflects metadata from the SEI. If you find different please
post your findings.

Raymond Feng <enjoyjava@gmail.com> wrote: Hi,

I'm looking for some capabilities in Axis2 to support JSR181/JAXWS as
follows:

1) Introspect a service implementation class and/or service endpoint
interface (SEI) to handle JSR181/JAXWS annotations. Provide the default
values if customization is not present.

2) A utility method to generate a WSDL4J Defintion following the rules
defined by JAX-WS 2.0 Chapter 3 Java to WSDL 1.1 mapping rules.

I had a brief look of the axis2-metadata module. The closest method I can
find is:
org.apache.axis2.jaxws.description.DescriptionFactory.createServiceDescription(Class)

But it only accepts service implementation class and is not happy with SEI.
I cannot construct the EndpointInterfaceDescription directly as all the
XXXDescriptionImpl classes are not public.

Would it be possible to have some methods on
org.apache.axis2.jaxws.description.DescriptionFactory?

    // Create the endpoint interface description from the SEI
    public static EndpointInterfaceDescription
createEndpointInterfaceDescription(Class sei);

    // Generate WSDL defintion from the endpoint interface description
    public static Defintion
createWSDLDefinition(EndpointInterfaceDescription description);

    // Generate WSDL defintion from the service description
    public static Defintion createWSDLDefinition(ServiceDescription
description);

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Raymond