axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Amila Suriarachchi" <amilasuriarach...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Axis2 Release Restructuring
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2007 10:14:13 GMT
On 10/30/07, Eran Chinthaka <chinthaka@chinthaka.org> wrote:

> Hi Amila,
>
> On 10/29/07, Amila Suriarachchi <amilasuriarachchi@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > hi,
> >
> > As I understood we are going to shift the Axis2 as five sperate
> > artifacts.
> >
> > 1. Kernal
> > 2. Axis2 Server
> > 3. Axis2 Client
> > 4. Tools
> > 5. Optional
>

> Why do we have Kernel,  Server and Client separate. I like to have minimal
> set of jars in one distro. That doesn't mean we will have server and client
> separate. Even if we have them separate they will have the same content. So
> as I proposed earlier, let's collapse kernel (whatever you meant to have in
> it), server and client in to one distro. But let's ask David to pick a name
> for that :D

I have misunderstood the thing.
you mean
1. minimal distribution with
       server,client and kernal
2. full distribution with
       minmal + optional
3. Tools distribution with
       tools

what are the things we going to shift on each module? to which modules we
> > are going to put other jars?
> > (i.e axiom, neethi, common jars)
>

> Well whatever required will be shipped in core and full distros. And tools
> distro will have only the deps that they need in addition to what core
> distro has.
>
> Does Axis2 server and Axis2 Client supposed to have only the Runtime jars?
>

> No.
>
> In user list I saw lot of people ask
> > this question. What is the minimal set of jars needed at runtime?
>

> I am talking about minimal set of jars to use Axis2. See the modules list
> I included in my earlier email.
>
> adb-codegen and codegen modules are not used in runtime. I think they
> > should also goes to the
> > tools package. And also java2wsdl is only used in Serverside I think.
>

> You can put them inside tools. But IMO, they should also come one
> (get-name-from-David) release.
>
> why you have put the samples to the kernal distribution?
>

> I hope this is clarified from the above answers.
>
> what about the jaxws, fastinfoset. mex etc are we going to put them all to
> > optional package?
>

> Yes. And some of these will come in full distro which will be almost
> equivalent to what we are releasing as standard distro, right now.
>
> Actually how are we going to define the content of Axis2 server and
> > client? if I say the content of the
> > 1. Axis2 Server as
> > the minal set of jars needed to deploy a service written using the
> > RawXmlMessageReceiver
> >
> > and the Axis2 client as
> > the minmal set of jars needed to invoke that service using Service
> > Client interface?
>

> Well, again see the modules that I have proposed. Whatever jars required
> for those modules will be shipped with them.

what I want to say is that we need a proper boundry definition about what
should goes to minimal distribution.
with some logical reasoning. Otherwise we have to discuss this again when
implementing.

Thanks,
Amila.

Thanks,