axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Amila Suriarachchi" <amilasuriarach...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with pattern restriction in XSD and WDSL2Java generated code
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2007 04:44:57 GMT
On 10/4/07, Jozef Krssak <jozef.krssak@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> On 9/28/07, Amila Suriarachchi <amilasuriarachchi@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > On 9/28/07, Amila Suriarachchi < amilasuriarachchi@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > hi,
> > >
> > > this should be a bug. we have to use the connvertToString method
> > > of the ConverterUtil class. which properly out put the string values.
> >

> > please have a look at with a nightly build.
> >

> Sorry for late answer, I have tested it with today's nightly build.
> Well, ConverterUtil.convertToString(Date) use own hard coded pattern to
> convert to String and output of this method in my case is "2007-07-09Z" and
> due to letter Z this output does not match my pattern
> "[0-9]{4}-[0-9]{2}-[0-9]{2}". Of course problem with letter Z instead of
> time zone can be fixed. Important is that pattern in convertToString() is
> hard coded ("yyyy-MM-dd'Z'") while pattern in XSD can be variable, e.g"[0-9]{2}-[0-9]{2}-[0-9]{4}".
>
> I still think that to test if any value match any string pattern is
> usefull when parameter of generated method is String (e.g.
> setWSTypeDate(String)) and not Date ( e.g. setWSTypeDate(java.util.Date).
> It is hard to solve it, because someone can want to use patter to allow
> set only specific date (e.g. "[0-9]{2}-[0-9]{2}-1[0-9]{3}").

According to the xml spec[1] there is a specific pattern to specify the
date. And also I think Axis2 date serialization should change to use the
recovarable time zone. i.e real time zone.

if you giving a pattern to the date it is also better to put that pattern so
that any serialization format accept it.

Amila.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/#date

Thanks and Regards

--