axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Sanka Samaranayke <ssa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: rpc encoding in Axis2
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2007 04:49:14 GMT
Iyengar, Kumar wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We have a program that consumes external web services using Axis. I am
> currently upgrading the program to use Axis2. Our program works with
> Web Services that are of RPC Encoded Style as well ( besides
> doc/literal). I followed the examples and the java documentation but I
> am not clear how this works with RPC encoded styles. Most examples
> require me to change the WSDL from rpc/encoded to doc/literal. But
> since we are consuming external web services, we cannot do that.
>
> I looked at the Axis 2 API and it is unclear whether I can use
> ServiceClient for this. There is also another object RPCServiceClient.
> Does anyone know if this can be used for RPC Encoded Styles? The doc
> indicates that I pass in arg[] – if I have an OMElement then how do I
> use RPCServiceClient?

Hi,

Axis2 doesn't support RPC-encoding which means you don't get any data binding support if you
want to invoke a rpc-encoded style Web service via Axis2 client api.
However if you are willing to build the payload and resulting as OMElement manually, you can
use ServiceClient to invoke such Web services.
But you can't use RPCSericeClient for that.

HTH
--Sanka

--
Sanka Samaranayake