axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <g...@thoughtcraft.com>
Subject Re: [AXIS2] Proposal to implement http content negotiation
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2007 10:41:33 GMT

Hi folks:

+1 from me *if* we make sure there's a flag to allow people to control
whether a given operation supports POX or not.  Essentially I'm just
saying we should backport the SOAP-Response MEP to SOAP 1.1, and allow
the user to specify.  By default the behavior should be as in Keith's
proposal, but if they indicate that a particular operation is using the
SOAP-Response MEP (this could also be a disablePOX flag or whatever), it
should always return SOAP on a GET.

Also...

 >> a SOAP 1.1 response uaing http content negotiation (A SOAP 1.1
 >> response will be went only when the request is SOAP 1.1 and there is
 >> no matching value in the Accept header).

If the request is SOAP 1.1, we should always return SOAP 1.1 regardless
of the Accept header, right?

--Glen