axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Sosnoski <...@sosnoski.com>
Subject Re: Infoset / TCP transport
Date Sun, 07 Oct 2007 23:37:57 GMT
Hi Paul,

I think it's an interesting possibility. I've been trying to find out
what .Net is currently using for their net.tcp transport, but that's
proving difficult. The Sun proposal is at least well-defined.

I wish they'd asked for comments and started a discussion rather than
just making something up, though. Some parts seem lame, such as using
nibble encoding, and requiring a response message for every request
message (not necessarily appropriate with WS-Addressing involved). It's
also a bit heavy-weight, with a SOAP service request to open a channel.

  - Dennis

--
Dennis M. Sosnoski
SOA and Web Services in Java