axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Asankha C. Perera" <asan...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: Getting axis2 transport out from the kernel
Date Sat, 06 Oct 2007 08:05:40 GMT

>> manage the next release of Synapse (i.e. 1.1) the way things are
>> using a few tricks like putting our copy of the transport in-front of
>> the Axis2-kernel etc. at runtime.
>
> Why do you need trickery? The transports are coming out of axis2.xml
> .. why can you not simply put another transport in and take out the
> one(s) you don't like?
This is because we depend on the Axis2 1.3 "released" version from
Maven2 that now has a JMS and NIO-http/code copy of the code. Remember
my points on supporting JMS 1.0.1 for Synapse now, and improvements to
NIO-http/s to bring in the latest fixes from HttpCore.. so one solution
is for me to "rename" classes or the package, or load the
synapse-transports.jar that contains these fixes before the
axis2-kernel.jar at runtime. I have choosen the latter as in future, I
would like to continue to do fixes as necessary to these transports
under Synapse, and merge back into Axis2 at each major/minor Axis2
release. This will allow me to keep Synapse upto-date on transports - as
well as give all fixes back into Axis2 easily without asking for Axis2
releases if we had to fix a bug or require an enhancement in a transport

asankha