axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Asankha C. Perera" <asan...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: Getting axis2 transport out from the kernel
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2007 08:37:02 GMT
Hi David
> I also think it would be reasonable to split the
> transports out of axis2-kernel.

Great :-)..
> I think where I'm worried is the idea that we could do a quick .1
> release with that kind of change - that's simply not realistic. It's
> definately something that would require a fair amount of testing.
> What's the desired timeframe for the synapse release we're talking
> about?

I totally agree.. and I am not pushing for that right away.. I can
manage the next release of Synapse (i.e. 1.1) the way things are using a
few tricks like putting our copy of the transport in-front of the
Axis2-kernel etc. at runtime.

My intention would be to explain the reasoning behind asking for this
change and make sure that Axis2 folks are comfortable with a split like
this for the next planned Axis2 release. This maybe a point release or a
major release - and need not be in a hurry to support Synapse

thanks
asankha