axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Maciek Datka <m...@parasoft.com>
Subject Re: Axis problem in eclipse framework - class loading
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2007 09:34:45 GMT

> So as I know there is no problem at all to have more than 2 versions of
Axis2 set
> of plugins in the same eclipse framework.

Thank you very much for the reply.

The exact situations in that 2 exclusive plugins (named jtest and mylyn)
contain axis.jar. The jar is the same version. (1.3 or 1.4 - both reproduce
the same behaviour)
Axis plugins WTP from 2.0 are not involved.

The jtest and mylyn plugins should not see each other'classes - they don't
depend on each other, in fact, they don't know anything about each other.

But then what happens

1 - axis from the jtest plugin is used and loads some of axis classes.
2 - axis from the mylyn plugin is used - but some of the classes it's using
are cached classes from the jtest plugin!
(Cached on classloder / JVM level)

This results in class cast exceptions - different class loader.

Possible fix would be just to change:

Class.forName(...,contextClassLoader)
to:
contextClassLoader.loadClass()