axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Sushil Dodake" <sushil.dod...@gmail.com>
Subject AXIS2 : JVM bursts when getting images in MB size
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2007 20:17:09 GMT
Guys,

I dont know whether this is a AXIS2 problem.
I am trying to get the Image files from the documentum server using web
service.
when i try to get say 4 image files in a go and if the total size of the
file is in some MBs then the JVM goes boooom.
i have done follwong things to avoid
1. Set a environmental Variable
CATALINA_OPTS = "-Xms512m -Xmx512m"
2. Also set the same variable in the cataline.bat file
set CATALINA_OPTS=-mx512m
3. even set the same values in the tomcat 5.0 configuration
But still my JVM gives the same error

*java.lang.OutOfMemoryError*

can anybody suggest me what i need to do when i am sending large data using
AXIS2

Please note i am sending the Images as the binary content in the XML
response.

any help in this respect will be appreciated

regards,

Sushil