axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Brian De Pradine <PRAD...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Axis2 Roadmap questions
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2007 10:20:24 GMT
Jeff,

In axis2 we will require some form of deploy-time processing of
annotations. The current mechanism of lazily processing the annotations
when the first message arrives for a JAX-WS web service will not be
sufficient to support the new web service feature concept of JAX-WS 2.1.

Cheers

Brian DePradine
Web Services Development
IBM Hursley
External  +44 (0) 1962 816319         Internal 246319

If you can't find the time to do it right the first time, where will you
find the time to do it again?

Jeff Barrett <barrettj@us.ibm.com> wrote on 17/09/2007 19:30:40:

> David,
>
> I think Geronimo does things differently.  I think they process the DDs
in
> advance, then modify the annotation values (possibly in the
> DescriptionBuilderComposite they create) based on the DDs, then persist
> everything out.  At application startup, they read in the persisted
> information and build everythign up that way.
>
> Since they are already EE5 compliant (I believe), they must not need the

> DD support to be in JAXWS.  I don't think JSR-109 and associated DD
> support is optional in EE5.
>
> After studying JSR-109, I think the approach of building the DBCs based
on
> the annotations then modifying those DBCs based on the Deployment
> Descriptors is the best approach, as opposed to putting JSR-109 support
> into JAXWS.
>
> Thanks,
> Jeff
>
> IBM Software Group - WebSphere Web Services Development
> Phone: 512-838-4587 or Tie Line 678-4587
> Internet e-mail and Sametime ID: barrettj@us.ibm.com
>

> "David Illsley" <davidillsley@gmail.com>
> 09/17/2007 12:47 PM
> Please respond to
> axis-dev@ws.apache.org

> axis-dev@ws.apache.org
> cc
>
> Subject
> Re: Axis2 Roadmap questions
>

> Jeff,
> Presumably Geronimo will need 109 v2 support at some point, or is it
> optional for EE5 and EE6? Maybe that support (if it exists) could be
> used by anyone wanting it with Axis2...
> David
>
> On 14/09/2007, Jeff Barrett <barrettj@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> > Hi Dims,
> >
> > I believe the deployment descriptor is defined by JSR-109, not by
> JAX-WS.
> >
> > I could be wrong, but I don't think anyone was planning on adding
> JSR-109
> > support (and thus DDs) into the JAXWS (and associated metadata)
module.