axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Zhuojian Georgia Han \(zhuhan\)" <zhu...@cisco.com>
Subject RE: Why SOAP FAULT does not convert into AxisFault
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2007 21:11:52 GMT
Thanks for the reply. Which version of Axis support SOAP1.2?

Thanks,
Georgia

________________________________

From: Anne Thomas Manes [mailto:atmanes@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2007 1:45 PM
To: axis-dev@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: Why SOAP FAULT does not convert into AxisFault

You want to use the Robust One-Way message exchange pattern -- available
with SOAP 1.2.

On 9/19/07, Zhuojian Georgia Han (zhuhan) < zhuhan@cisco.com
<mailto:zhuhan@cisco.com> > wrote:

	I resolved this problem. The reason exception did not raised by
client is that this function does not have return parameters, so in Axis
stub it translates into an one-way invoke call. That's why even if the
server sends back the soap fault, the client doesn't process the result.

	I can understand that in one-way call the client does ignore the
server response. but in case of there is a soap fault, client should not
ignore it. Maybe function should not translate into one-way call even
there is no return parameter.

	Thanks,
	Georgia