axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "John Kaputin (gmail)" <jakapu...@gmail.com>
Subject License for stax-api-1.0.1.jar
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2007 13:15:51 GMT
Axis2 and Axiom redistribute the stax-api-1.0.1.jar file from the Codehaus
StAX project under the Apache License 2.0, however it is not initially
distributed under this license.  The jar file does not contain a license
file and the only reference to licensing on the StAX project website (
stax.codehaus.org) is "Open Source (Apache ASL 2.1)", but ASL 2.1 does not
exist.

Does anyone know how the decision was reached in Apache to redistribute this
jar file under AL 2.0?  Or where else I should direct this question to?

My question is motivated by Apache Woden release management and incubation
exit criteria. Woden uses Axiom so it also redistributes the
stax-api-1.0.1.jar file, but I can't find any basis for the AL 2.0 license
used by Axiom for the stax jar. We've had suggestions previously to use the
Geronimo StAX API jar instead, but we really need to maintain the correct
Axiom dependencies, so we need to answer this question.

thanks,
John Kaputin.