axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Boon Ooi" <b...@itree.com.au>
Subject RE: axis2:how to validate soap message against wsdl?
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2007 23:42:42 GMT
Hi Amila,

I’m having the same challenge faced by Zhang zhongliang, to validate an incoming soap message
based on given XML schema.

Instead of ADB, I’m using xmlbeans for data binding. Currently invalid SOAP messages such
as a message without one or more mandatory data item(s) are getting pass the request parsing
stage of AXIS2 and propagate right through to the back-end.

A temporary quick fix we have now is to have the backend perform these unwarranted message
validations which suppose to be handled and detected by AXIS2 during request message parsing.

Could you please advise is there a way such validation can be made to perform during the request
message parsing stage of AXIS2, if it is possible, what is the approach/method to do/implement
such validation.

A Configuration based setting that can trigger such validation would be great, however if
that is not possible, programmatically handling such validation using approach like having
a new module/handler would be also welcome, if need to be done programmatically, kindly advise
what is the best method/approach to do that as the current API available from AXIS2 document
model (AXIOM) do not seem to provide any methods to do that.

We are using AXIS2 1.3.

Your prompt reply if possible would be very very much appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance.

Boon

  _____