axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Gertjan van Oosten <gert...@West.NL>
Subject Re: How to provide own WSDL?
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2007 10:29:41 GMT
[Second attempt, the first one failed because of:

  <dims@apache.org>: host mx1.eu.apache.org[192.87.106.230] said: 552 Message
      rejected as it is spam (body) (in reply to end of DATA command)

  <axis-dev@ws.apache.org>: host mx1.us.apache.org[140.211.11.136] said: 552
      Message rejected as it is spam (body) (in reply to end of DATA command)

 which is a complete load of you-know-what...]

As quoted from Gertjan van Oosten <gertjan@West.NL>:
> As quoted from Davanum Srinivas <davanum@gmail.com>:
> > Option #1.

> > >I have WEB-INF/services/my-services/META-INF/services.xml
> > >which contains various services (MyFirstService, MySecondService,
> > >and so on).  Do I put the WSDL and XSD under:
> > >
> > >  WEB-INF/services/my-services/META-INF/services.xml
> > >                                        MyFirstService.wsdl
> > >                                        MySecondService.wsdl
> > >                                        xsd0.xsd
> > >                                        xsd1.xsd
>
> If I do that, getting the WSDL:
>   http://localhost:8080/my-webapp/services/MyFirstService?wsdl
> returns exactly 0 bytes, and my web services throw an exception:
[...]

Since apparently nothing has happened (the bug is still there with
1.3-RC3) I have slightly modified Dims' book example from
http://wso2.org/library/90 .  The changes are:

- simplified pom.xml and updated it to use 1.3-RC3

- created two services.xml files called services.xml.distrib i.e. the
  original one that works, and services.xml.fails which only difference
  is that the name of the service has been changed from BookService to
  OldBookService:

  % diff src/webapp/WEB-INF/services/BookService/META-INF/services.xml.{distrib,fails}
  2c2
  <       <service name="BookService"
  ---
  >       <service name="OldBookService"

If I use the services.xml.fails, it fails.  It appears Axis2 does not
correctly handle a situation where the name of a service in the
services.xml does not match the name of the directory under services/.

Complete axis2-book.zip and build logs that show the problem available
upon request, since the stupid mailservers at the other end think I'm
spamming them if I attach them.

Kind regards,
--
-- Gertjan van Oosten, gertjan@West.NL, West Consulting B.V., +31 15 2191 600