axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Thilina Gunarathne" <cset...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: MTOM & WS Securit
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2007 09:30:18 GMT
May be rampart guys can  answer this better...

Thanks,
Thilina

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Giao <gqn12@yahoo.com>
Date: Jul 16, 2007 9:19 PM
Subject: MTOM & WS Securit
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org

Hi,

We use Axis 1.3 and SWA on the server side in
production.  We're starting to develop using Axis2
because of MTOM support and .NET client compatibility.

We have successfully tested both Axis2 and .NET/WSE
3.0 clients against the MTOM Sample app.

Once I enable security with
"ServiceClient.engageModule(new QName("rampart"))  the
outgoing message has the attachment in-line (in XML
envelope) and
 base64 encoded, rather than has the expected
<xop:Include href="cid...">  Also the content length
now is 33% larger because of base64 encoding.  It
still works, although the capacity is now limited to
about 20MB before the server gets an out of memory
error.  Previously I was testing with about 50MB.

I didn't see any mention in the OASIS WSS v1.0 specs
about MTOM.

Is there any way around this limitation?

Thanks in advance,
Giao

Thilina Gunarathne  -  http://www.wso2.com - http://thilinag.blogspot.com