axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Barrett <>
Subject [Axis2] JAXWS, Axis2 1.3, and RC2 on 7/13
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2007 20:29:43 GMT
Hi All,

We've made good progress getting the JAXWS compliance-related fixes (some
listed below) committed.  However, there are still some outstanding issues
we need to fix.  Most of these remaining fixes will be within the
metatdata and jaxws modules, but a few will be in kernel and/or Axiom.  We
will not be able to get all those kernel and/or Axiom fixes in by 7/13 to
make RC2.  And, between the time that RC2 is taken and the time that the
1.3 branch is created, we want to avoid dropping things outside of the
jaxws and metadata modules.

So, in order to continue to make progress on the JAXWS compliance-related
fixes, can we please get the 1.3 branch created as soon as possible after
RC2, perhaps by Monday 7/16?

If the 1.3 branches for Axis2 and Axiom are created on Monday 7/16 so
trunk is open for continued development across all modules, then we may be
able to get the remaining JAXWS compliance-related issues fixed by 7/20.

IBM Software Group - WebSphere Web Services Development
Phone: 512-838-4587 or Tie Line 678-4587
Internet e-mail and Sametime ID:
----- Forwarded by Jeff Barrett/Austin/IBM on 07/10/2007 03:06 PM -----

Ann Robinson/Austin/IBM@IBMUS
06/29/2007 10:49 AM
Please respond to

Re: [VOTE][Axis2] Axis2 1.3 release plan

We are working on a number of fixes to the JAXWS and Metadata modules
based on some internal testing.  We believe many of these fixes are
required for Geronimo integration of AXIS2 and will help Geronimo pass
various compliance tests.  If these fixes are needed in the AXIS2 1.3
release, then they would likely not make an RC1 of July 6.  We think many
of the fixes would be submitted/committed by July 20.

Some the problems in the JAXWS/Metadata modules that we are working on
- The metadata layer needs to create AttachmentDescription objects if the
WSDL indicates that the input or output message contains attachments
- The WebResultAnnot class incorrectly initializes the name attribute to
"return" when it is constructed. The default should be "". This is causing
UnmarshallingExceptions in certain cases
- Make HTTP transport headers and status code available via the JAXWS
message context.
- JAXWS must understand processing for nonexistent operation
- Prevent NPE from calling getHandlerResolver.getHandlerChain before
creating service object
- NoClassDefFoundError when creating a web service request for a client
- @HandlerChain annotation in SEI should replace, not add to,
@HandlerChain annotation in endpoint impl
- Avoid concurrent modification exception when accessing properties
- Remove unnecessary < and > from HTTP start value
- createBinding needs to retrieve BindingType appropriately -
'createBinding' needs to be client/server aware so that it will call
getClientBindingID if this happens to be a dispatch instance

Should the AXIS2 RC1 be delayed to include these fixes?  Or, should
another release (like 1.3.1 or 1.4) be considered for these fixes?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message