axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul Fremantle" <pzf...@gmail.com>
Subject Thread pool in Axis2 (and Synapse)
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2007 15:08:35 GMT
Hi

I'm looking at how to add ThreadPool support to Synapse and I've
looked at the Axis2 support. What I'm trying to figure out is why we
don't reuse the java.util.Concurrent interfaces but instead create our
own?

In particular I'd like to be able to track items that are started (so
I can stop them when Synapse closes down or needs to clean up that
config).

The obvious interface to do this is this one:
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/java/util/concurrent/ExecutorService.html

Because when you submit work you get back a Future which allows me to
cancel running work that is running.

Paul

--
Paul Fremantle