axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Sameera Jayasoma" <sameera.madus...@gmail.com>
Subject [Axis2] JAX-WS 2.0 support for Apache Axis2 WSDL2Java Code Generator
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2007 02:08:44 GMT
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Sameera Jayasoma <sameera.madushan@gmail.com>
Date: Jul 4, 2007 6:54 AM
Subject: JAX-WS 2.0 support for Apache Axis2 WSDL2Java Code Generator
To: axis-dev@ws.apache.org

Hi all,

I'm working on implementing JAX-WS 2.0 support for Apache Axis2 WSDL2Java
Code Generator for Google Summer of Code 2007.  My proposal can be viewed at
http://wiki.apache.org/general/SameeraJayasoma/SummerOfCode/2007.

Here is the description of the design I have followed after having several
discussions with the mentor.

Java API for XML Web Services (JAX-WS) is a technology designed to
standardized the construction of web services and web service clients in
Java. JAX-WS 2.0 describes set of mappings from a service defined in a WSDL
to Java classes and vice versa. JAX-WS 2.0 delegates the data binding
related-task to JAXB 2.0. These mappings are somewhat different from the
from the way how Axis2 maps WSDL constructs to Java constructs. Therefore I
came up with a JAXWSEmitter class which extends the
AxisServiceBasedMultiLanguageEmitter class. This way I could reuse some of
the functionalities.

JAX-WS defines two styles which are non-wrapper style and wrapper style to
map the contents of input and output message to Java method parameters.
There are some rules for which a WSDL:Operation to qualify for wrapper style
mapping. wrapper style mapping specifies more or less the same convention
which is followed in SchemaUnwrapperExtension class. But there are some
variations. Therefore I decided to add a new extension class called
JAXWSWapperExtension.

I'm currently working on a issue found when implementing the
JAXWSWapperExtension. Existing implementation of Jaxbri does not support
unwrapping.

I will send a patch within two days after completing some minor things.

Any improvement to the existing design is greatly accepted.

Thanks in advance

Sameera

--
Sameera Jayasoma