axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Franz Fehringer <...@isogmbh.de>
Subject Re: Thread pool in Axis2 (and Synapse)
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2007 09:21:12 GMT
Are there plans to upgrade to JDK 1.5 (improved multithreading, SSL with
NIO, annotations, generics, ..), perhaps with Axis2 1.4?

Franz

Davanum Srinivas schrieb:
> Because, the baseline for Axis2 is JDK 1.4
>
> -- dims
>
> On 7/27/07, Paul Fremantle <pzfreo@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I'm looking at how to add ThreadPool support to Synapse and I've
>> looked at the Axis2 support. What I'm trying to figure out is why we
>> don't reuse the java.util.Concurrent interfaces but instead create our
>> own?
>>
>> In particular I'd like to be able to track items that are started (so
>> I can stop them when Synapse closes down or needs to clean up that
>> config).
>>
>> The obvious interface to do this is this one:
>> http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/java/util/concurrent/ExecutorService.html
>>
>> Because when you submit work you get back a Future which allows me to
>> cancel running work that is running.
>>
>> Paul
>>
>> --
>> Paul Fremantle
>> Co-Founder and VP of Technical Sales, WSO2
>> OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair
>>
>> blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
>> paul@wso2.com
>>
>> "Oxygenating the Web Service Platform", www.wso2.com

Dr. Franz Fehringer (Dipl. Math.)
Projektleiter Touristik-Systeme
____________________________________
ISO Software Systeme GmbH
Eichendorffstrasse 29
90491 Nürnberg
Germany

Tel.: +49/(911) - 99594-0

mailto:Franz.Fehringer@isogmbh.de
http://www.isogmbh.de

Amtsgericht Nürnberg HRB 18299
Geschäftsführer: Dipl.-Inform., Dipl.-Kaufm. Harald Goeb
Sitz: Nürnberg