axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <g...@thoughtcraft.com>
Subject Re: [axis2] Changes to branch
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2007 21:14:38 GMT
Rajith Attapattu wrote:
> ok so documentation can be comitted to both trunk and branch.
> How about sample code? Do I have to fist put it on trunk and then merge
> to branch.
> I hope not.
>
> I assume this restriction is only for code that can affect axis2
> functionality.
> Support code/documentation can go in both.

Hi Rajith!

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking here... if you check something
in that's new stuff, whether it be docs, sample code, changes to
AxisEngine.java, whatever - that stuff SHOULD be checked in to trunk and
merged over to the branch.  There should never be a time where the
branch is "more up-to-date" than the trunk.

I assume SVN is smart enough to recognize identical commits to the trunk
and the branch, so simply checking in identical changes on both should
be OK also.  Regardless, the changes should exist in both places UNLESS
there really is something that is totally version-specific (such as
release notes), in which case it can only be on the branch.

Make sense?

--Glen