axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Deepal Jayasinghe <dee...@opensource.lk>
Subject [ANN][Axis2] Axis2 1.3-RC2 release
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2007 12:34:56 GMT
Hi all,

I have upload Axis2 1.3 RC2 artifact into my apache home location [1] ,
please test and make sure all the JIRAs we marked as fixed are there in
the release , in addition to that if you find any issues with the
release please create a JIRA [2] , then we can fix that for next RC.
This release is based on the SVN version number of following projects.

Axiom  : - 5537019
Neethi  : 556667
XML Schema : 556392
Woden : 557628

We have a number of major changes from 1.2 to 1.3 and most of them are
listed in  apache axis2 wiki [3]. We have fixed more about 350 JIRA
issues from 1.2 to 1.3 in addition to the following new feature additions  ;
- Clustering support
- Doc-lt/bare wsdl generation and run time support (RPC MRs can handle
doc-lit/ bare )
- Custom deployment support
- NIO transport integration

Our plan is to make Axis2 1.3 release as much as stable and robust, so
please help us by reviewing this release candidate.

[1] : http://people.apache.org/~deepal/axis2/1.3-RC2/
[2] : https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2
[3] : http://wiki.apache.org/ws/FrontPage/Axis2/changesfrom1.2to1.3

Thanks