axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Post-1.3 mustUnderstand header validation proposal AXIS2-2853
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2007 01:42:34 GMT
Hi Jeff,

Overall sounds ok but I don't see why we pass separate collections of
header QNames and String roles. Why not just create a collection of all
the SOAPHeader elements which are yet not understood and pass them in
along with the MC? The engine knows what roles its acting in and should
only pass those MU headers that need to be dealt with for its roles.

public interface SOAPHeaderValidator {
   void validate (MessageContext mc, Collection notUnderstoodHeaders);
}

Unless the validators are going to do anything beyond must understand
checking, how about s/SOAPHeaderValidator/SOAPMustUnderstandChecker/ ?

Sanjiva.

Sanjiva Weerawarana, Ph.D.