axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Davanum Srinivas" <dava...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Axis2 1.3 RC2 - Release plan
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2007 04:07:30 GMT
Mark,

Rampart nightly build is stuck on this issue [1]. Hopefully will
resolve it tonight. Rampart nightly will be available by friday and we
have nightlies that run rampart tests against Axis2 trunk. So we
should be ok (Famous last words!).

thanks,
dims

[1] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ws-rampart-dev/200707.mbox/browser

On 7/18/07, Mark Badorrek <mbadorrek@avoga.com.au> wrote:
> As I've outlined earlier I'm a little concerned that we're at the cusp of an RC2 for
Axis2, yet there has been no official release of Rampart 1.3 to go with it.

> Remember that Rampart hasn't worked with Axis2 since Axis2_1.2.1. Thus we do have a history
of delivering a product that many can't use. I'm not sufficiently involved with the Axis2/Rampart
interface to know where the miss-step occurred. In any case it doesn't matter.

> This release looks to be a quite significant one with a plethora of bugs fixed, inclusion
with geronimo etc. We were all asked to hammer the RC to see if it holds together. I can't
do this for WS-Security.

> This is too good an opportunity to waste and as such can anyone give me a compelling
reason not to write a 'Blocker' jira on Axis2 until it can formally pass a Rampart regression
test?