axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Firas Khasawneh \(fkhasawn\)" <fkhas...@cisco.com>
Subject RE: measuring Axix 1.4 overhead
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2007 15:27:01 GMT
Hi Jaliya,

Do you know if response coming back from transport handler after the
request is processed in the Axis engine also hits AxisServlet and uses
doGet?

Thanks,
Firas

________________________________

From: Jaliya Ekanayake [mailto:jnekanayake@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, July 23, 2007 9:42 AM
To: axis-dev@ws.apache.org; axis-user@ws.apache.org; Firas Khasawneh
(fkhasawn)
Subject: Re: measuring Axix 1.4 overhead

Hi Firas,

Are you trying both axis server and the client in a same machine? If you
put the handler in transport section, then what you will measure is the
time it takes inside the engine from transport handlers ->service ->
transport handlers. One other possibility is to keep track of the time
in AxisServlet. Measure the time in AxisServlet before it calls
AxisEngine's invoke(..) method and after it is returned and you will get
the time for the total invocation.

Thanks,
-jaliya