axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Jaliya Ekanayake" <jnekanay...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: measuring Axix 1.4 overhead
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2007 14:09:22 GMT
Hi Firas,

What do you mean by the response time at the client. Is it the Round Trip Time(RTT) of the
web service invocation?
The reasons you are getting the same time may be;
You are using the server and the client in the same machine and the time it takes for processing
at the server is not captured at milliseconds resolution.

If you are in JDK1.5 or above try using, System.nanoTime();
You will get a higer RTT if you deploy the server in a differnt machine than where you run
the client.

Thanks,
-jaliya

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Firas Khasawneh (fkhasawn)
  To: Jaliya Ekanayake ; axis-dev@ws.apache.org ; axis-user@ws.apache.org
  Sent: Monday, July 23, 2007 9:45 AM
  Subject: RE: measuring Axix 1.4 overhead

  Hi Jaliya,

  I am using only server side Axis, for client I am using SoapUI. if I put the handler in
transport for both response and request, I am getting the response time I am measuring from
my client so looks like it is measuring from the client side (the time it gets the request
till it releases the http connection)

  Thanks,
  Firas