axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Ajith Ranabahu" <ajith.ranab...@gmail.com>
Subject Plan for the hackathon
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2007 08:38:40 GMT
Hi all,
I am sure the Axis2ers around the world are excited about the
hackathon that is about to start tomorrow [Well today - (Monday 11th
June) :)] Unfortunately I can only come for half the days but I'm sure
any major decision will be reported to the list and the irc will be
live as usual (I will participate in the sessions remotely as far as
possible) However more importantly we need to outline the objective
and layout the things we plan to attack.

I will outline some items I felt as important to address while
browsing the Jira list. Others are welcome to jump in and correct me
in any place that I've missed. Again I believe the objective of this
hackathon is to fix whatever is broken in the existing functionality
rather than adding or discussing new features.

1. Exception handling
  Number of issues have been reported about incorrect exception
handling, irrelavant exceptions being thrown etc. So it seems that
this is something we need to look at more carefully and correct.

2 .WSDL2WS and ADB issues
  There are number of 'edge cases' reported about WSDL2WS - specially
against the ADB binding. While some of these will fall into new
features, I suppose we should address all the issues that are against
the existing features and make it work for some of those edge cases.

3. Java2WSDL issues
 There are some blockers reported about Java2WSDL. I believe Java2WSDL
works ok for most of the cases but there seems to be some cases we
need to answer. Both for WSDL2WS and Java2WSDL, they are the two most
'visible' components for the users and that makes it important

4. Misc
There are a ton of small issue that does not specifically fall into a
broad category. I'm hoping we can cover most of them by the time we
end up fixing the major issues but we could tackle whatever is
remaining once the major issues are covered.

5. Documentation
While we will not sit and write the user guide once more at this
occasion I see this as a time we can add some of the missing javadocs
to the source (and also correct some header problems. I see a Jira
that says some license headers are not proper)

Anything else we can try to tackle in this limited time frame?

Ajith Ranabahu