axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Thilina Gunarathne" <cset...@gmail.com>
Subject [Axis2]Incorrect handling of SOAP Faults
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2007 11:27:42 GMT
Hi all,
Recently I tried throwing an exception from an custom written Axis2
message receiver. I was using SOAP12. But my Axis2 client was unable
to parse the resulted SOAPFault correctly... By inspecting the
messages I noticed that the  SOAPFault was sent with a http-400 status
code, which made the client to ignore the body content of the message
after parsing only the http error codes...

* Further debugging showed me Axis2 defaults to FaultCode Sender if
the faultcode is null and if the there isn't a SOAPEnvelope (line 484-
MessageContextBuilder), which is the exact case when throwing an
exception from the messageReceiver...

* Then in the AxisServlet (line 385) when using SOAP12 we are setting
the response http status code to BAD_REQUEST(400) if the FaultCode is
sender which was the result of the SOAPFault with http-400...

* Axis2 client does not process the body of the message if the http
status code is 400...

For me it seems the defaulting to FaultCode sender is the incorrect
action... But one or more of the above might be incorrect... We need
to identify it and fix before the 1.3 release..

Thanks,
Thilina

PS: I'll open a Jira after we have figured out the incorrect step or
whether I have done a mistake..

--
Thilina Gunarathne  -  http://www.wso2.com - http://thilinag.blogspot.com