axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Josh <gemini...@gmail.com>
Subject Feature comparision of Axis 1.4 vs Axis 2 -- Trying to justify moving to Axis 2...
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2007 19:40:56 GMT
Hello,

I am trying to convince our standards body to move to from Axis 1.4 to Axis
2.  Poking around both Axis sites, I am having trouble comparing the two
together.  The best I have been able to come up with is on the xFire site (
http://xfire.codehaus.org/Stack+Comparison).  This comparision seems out of
date though.

Our organization is trying to move away from RPC based services to Doc/Lit
based services.  In addition, we would like to have support for WS*
standards.  According to the comparision on the xFire site, it looks like
Axis 1.4 supports both of these requirements.  Where can I get the
information I need to better compare these two libraries?

Regards,

Joshua