axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Matt Friedman" <matt.fried...@gmail.com>
Subject MTOM Performance Question
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2007 02:57:10 GMT
Sorry to double post. I already posted this on the users list but
didn't get any replies:

I've been searching and found some performance issues mentioned in JIRA re MTOM.

We were able to create an Axis2 server and client that uses MTOM and
the throughput appears to be very slow. 2 mbits/s on a network that
should run at 5 Megabytes/s - I acknowledge that there might be other
bottlenecks but I do know that the network is reasonably fast.

Can anyone confirm/deny or otherwise comment on the status of any
performance issues to do with the MTOM implementation in Axis2? Should
we be able to get decently fast file transfers using MTOM?

Overall, have performance issues been resolved?

Many thanks,

--
-- Matt Friedman