axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Nicholas L Gallardo <nlgal...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: The use of a -1
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2007 16:18:51 GMT

David,

What about if I -1 your -1?  Is the operation a multiplication and thus
nullified, or is it strictly addition?

In all seriousness though, I completely agree with and appreciate your
comments and the follow-up.

Cheers,
-Nick

             Glen Daniels
             <glen@thoughtcraf
             t.com>                                                     To
                                       axis-dev@ws.apache.org
             06/04/2007 07:38                                           cc
             PM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: The use of a -1
             Please respond to
             axis-dev@ws.apach
                   e.org

+1.  Well said, David.  I certainly think there is a lot of room for
discussion, and even contention, in the development process.  The "-1"
is often used in informal discussion (i.e. not, accompanying a technical
justification, as a veto against a specific code-modification proposal)
as the conversational equivalent of "ew", but if we want it to keep it's
weight as a voting tool (and be able to tell when it's being used that
way), perhaps we should pare it back a bit.

We're all a team here, and our goal is to build the best software we
can, so +1 to more discussion and consensus-building.

I for one very much appreciated the sentiment, and the note.

--Glen