axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Ann Robinson <>
Subject Re: [VOTE][Axis2] Axis2 1.3 release plan
Date Fri, 29 Jun 2007 15:49:01 GMT

We are working on a number of fixes to the JAXWS and Metadata modules based
on some internal testing.  We believe many of these fixes are required for
Geronimo integration of AXIS2 and will help Geronimo pass various
compliance tests.  If these fixes are needed in the AXIS2 1.3 release, then
they would likely not make an RC1 of July 6.  We think many of the fixes
would be submitted/committed by July 20.

Some the problems in the JAXWS/Metadata modules that we are working on
- The metadata layer needs to create AttachmentDescription objects if the
WSDL indicates that the input or output message contains attachments
- The WebResultAnnot class incorrectly initializes the name attribute to
"return" when it is constructed. The default should be "". This is causing
UnmarshallingExceptions in certain cases
- Make HTTP transport headers and status code available via the JAXWS
message context.
- JAXWS must understand processing for nonexistent operation
- Prevent NPE from calling getHandlerResolver.getHandlerChain before
creating service object
- NoClassDefFoundError when creating a web service request for a client app
- @HandlerChain annotation in SEI should replace, not add to, @HandlerChain
annotation in endpoint impl
- Avoid concurrent modification exception when accessing properties
- Remove unnecessary < and > from HTTP start value
- createBinding needs to retrieve BindingType appropriately -
'createBinding' needs to be client/server aware so that it will call
getClientBindingID if this happens to be a dispatch instance

Should the AXIS2 RC1 be delayed to include these fixes?  Or, should another
release (like 1.3.1 or 1.4) be considered for these fixes?

View raw message