axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "David Illsley" <davidills...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Dispatchers in org.apache.axis2.engine package
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2007 07:11:59 GMT
Aaaargh.
Sorry, this is all my fault. I was trying to do the *right thing* and
have them in .engine but I keep on getting distracted. I think in
.dispatchers is the right place - I've always said I don't think any
user should have to look in the .engine package.

If we do move the dispatchers, my plan had been to leave shells in
.engine so that erxisting axis2.xmls would function (with the shalls
marked for removal in 1.4), document the move, and provide an xslt
transform to 'upgrade' the config files.To be truthful, it's doing the
last bit that's delayed me.

So, IMO, lets move them, lets get the API/SPI right if we can (while
maintaining backwards compatibility).

David