axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "David Illsley" <davidills...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Please stop abusing -1's
Date Mon, 18 Jun 2007 12:23:10 GMT
On 18/06/07, Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanjiva@opensource.lk> wrote:
> David Illsley wrote:
> > I agree with Srinath, I'd prefer to see consensus building rather than
> > vetoes.
>
> David, this is a fundamental misunderstanding of Apache voting rules. -1s
> *DO NOT* mean vetos except for code commits .. and those MUST be
> accompanied by explanations.

That's not a distinction that I think holds water. If I go ahead and
ignore a -1 in a discussion, I fully expect the commit to be -1'd for
whatever reasons were given in the discussion, the effect is the same
(there's not a visible social norm here to make me expect anything
else).

I'd expect a reasonable amount of friction to be generated if I went
ahead and ignored a couple of -1s in a mail thread and committed the
code anyway. You don't think that would happen?

David