axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul Fremantle" <pzf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [axis2] More Modules and classpaths
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2007 17:57:11 GMT
I'm the idiot who suggested fixing the RM problem :-)

Given the choice between re-architecting modules to insert their own
phases - or just adding the RMPhase to the standard phases you can
guess which is my proposal. I vote for the really really simple
option.

[In fact I we don't even need that. We already have OperationInPhase
(for example) where the RM handlers could go. But it would be clearer
or nicer to add the RMPhases into the default XML]

However, as a solution to a general problem, I don't think we need the
ability for modules to insert phases. There is already plenty of scope
for any module writer to add their handlers into the right places
using the existing phases that are hard-coded plus the capabilities to
do partial ordering of handlers that exist today.

I'm -1 on doing a lot of coding to change the handler/phase/module
architecture when the solution to this problem is using a text editor
to add <phase name="RMPhase"/> in about 4 places.

Paul

Paul Fremantle
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org