axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul Fremantle" <pzf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [axis2] More Modules and classpaths
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2007 08:02:43 GMT
Yes that wasn't the behaviour I was expecting!

The idea of putting modules in the classpath was motivated by the
following scenario:

I have a client, I don't want to set up a "repository" because I'm
just deploying this client somewhere on someone's filesystem, so I
can't point to a modules directory easily. So I can just stick
addressing.mar into the client classpath to enable addressing.

However, this only works in the case where the modules don't require
changes to the Axis2.conf. Unfortunately, the Sandesha2 module
requires the axis2.conf to have some phases added. Now personally, I
think it might make sense to add the RM phases into the default
Axis2.conf, but nonetheless, maybe we should also address how to make
it easy to supply an axis2.conf as well that replaces the inbuilt one.

Paul

On 6/1/07, David Illsley <davidillsley@gmail.com> wrote:
> Deepal, I took a look at that page and my understanding of what Glen
> is going to do is support modules anywhere on the classpath, not just
> when they are in the same directory as the other axis2 jars.
>
> I personally think, having read that page, that we doi't currently
> support loading modules from the classpath, rather we support loading
> modules from the same directory as axis2 jars on the classpath. I
> think this is an important distinction and one that I'd guess has been
> confusing to users (I know it surprised me just now).
> David
>
> On 01/06/07, Deepal Jayasinghe <deepal@opensource.lk> wrote:
> > Hi Glen,
> >
> > I implemented that feature more than a year ago and it work perfectly
> > you do not need to do anything.  please have a look at the following faq
> > as well.
> >
> > http://wso2.org/library/182
> >
> > Thanks
> > Deepal
> >
> > Glen Daniels wrote:
> > > I'd like to be able to deploy a Module by just putting it on the
> > > classpath...
> > >
> > > CLASSPATH=...; addressing.mar; ...
> > >
> > > This is pretty easy to implement, seems highly convenient, and goes
> > > along with some other deployment-related stuff I'm thinking about, but
> > > I wanted to run it past folks first.  It would work with either
> > > exploded module directories or mars.
> > >
> > > Can I get a +1?
> > >
> > > --Glen
> > >
> > > P.S.  This does not work at present, although we do some weird
> > > classpath-related stuff - a future message will analyze and critique
> > > said stuff.

> > --
> > Thanks,
> > Deepal
> > "The highest tower is built one brick at a time"

> --
> David Illsley - IBM Web Services Development

Paul Fremantle
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
paul@wso2.com