axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Amila Suriarachchi" <>
Subject Some questions regarding Axis2 Fault handling
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2007 03:23:17 GMT
hi all,

Here are some issues came into my mind regarding the issue

1. Why AxisMessage class keep only the name instead of QName? I think this
is the
corresponding element in the Axis2 object hierarchy for wsdl 1.1definitions.

2. Lets take this wsdl part
<wsdl:message name="FaultMessage">
        <wsdl:part name="part1" element="ns:faultMessageElement"/>
    <wsdl:message name="FaultMessage1">
        <wsdl:part name="part1" element="ns:faultMessageElement"/>
    <wsdl:portType name="MyAxisservicePortType">
       <wsdl:operation name="addnumbers1">
            <wsdl:input message="axis2:addnumbersMessage"/>
            <wsdl:output message="axis2:addnumbersResponseMessage"/>
            <wsdl:fault message="axis2:FaultMessage1" name="FaultMessage1"/>
            <wsdl:fault message="axis2:FaultMessage" name="FaultMessage"/>
    <wsdl:binding name="MyAxisserviceSOAP11Binding"
        <soap:binding transport=""
         <wsdl:operation name="addnumbers1">
            <soap:operation soapAction="urn:addnumbers" style="document"/>
                <soap:body use="literal" namespace=""/>
                <soap:body use="literal" namespace=""/>
            <wsdl:fault name="FaultMessage1">
                <soap:body use="literal"/>
            <wsdl:fault name="FaultMessage">
                <soap:body use="literal"/>

here we have two fault messages referring to the same element. When sending
fault messages, at the soap message level we have identical soap messages to
both fault messages (i.e. same detail element is used faultMessageElement)
So at the client side we can not determine the WSDL message corresponding to
an soap fault. (hence the exception thrown at the skelton)
As a result of this when generating the code at the stub we can not realy
determine the Exception to throw up.

This is not possible to support with WSDL 1.1 since we can not define any
fault codes in the wsdl. But we can determine the correct exception in WSDL
2.0 using the fault codes define.

3. AxisFault contains the Soap binding specific information. Therefore to
support http binding we have to add also the http binding specifics
information as well. (eg whttp:code). Otherwise we can not support the above

Any thoughts?

Amila Suriarachchi,
WSO2 Inc.